Buscar este blog

domingo, 25 de julio de 2010

The tenant of Wildfell Hall (final)

Me parece que debo mencionar cómo termina una historia de amor tan deseada por los lectores como es esta entre Gilbert y Helen. Además, podemos apreciar cómo usa la metáfora de una flor para referirse a sus sentimientos:




HELEN -This rose is not so fragrant as a summer flower, but it has stood through hardships none of them could bear: the coldrain of winter has sufficed to nourish it, and its faint sun to warm it; the bleak winds have not blanched it, or broken its stem, and the keen frost has not blighted it. Look, Gilbert, it is still fresh and blooming as a flower can be, with the cold snow even now on its petals. Will you have it?

GILBERT -Helen! What means this?

HELEN -You did not understand my gift or, what is worse, you despised it: I'm sorry I gave it you; but since I did make such a mistake, the only remedy I could think of, was to take it away. The rose I gave you was an emblem of my heart, would you take it away and leave me here alone?

GILBERT -Would you give me your hand too, if I asked it? My darling angel, my own Helen. You never shall repent, if it depend on me alone. You will be mine -said Gilbert printing a kiss upon her lips, and another, and another.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario